Newborn & Mother Care
One of the best perks of midwifery care and home birth is that your postpartum, well-baby care, and breastfeeding support will be performed in your home for the first 2 weeks. We cherish being able to support your intimate “baby moon” period by doing the normal postpartum assessments and procedures in your home. After the second week, appointments are conducted in the Post Falls or Spokane office.
Postpartum Period Includes:
- Breastfeeding guidance and support
- Physical assessment of birth mom through recovery
- Newborn screening tests including metabolic screening
- Newborn weight checks and feeding review
- Family & contraceptive planning discussion
- Support for postpartum transition
- Resources for additional care
The weeks immediately following birth are important for successful bonding with your baby, nursing, and the transition into parenting. Our licensed midwives are here to respond to all your postpartum needs.